[MPlayer-users] font.desc missing?

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Jan 19 12:36:05 CET 2003

On Sunday, 19 January 2003, Daniel Aleksandrow wrote:
> I downloaded the rpms and got mplayer to install.....you may want to
> work on the dependency lists and names of the rpms so that they actually
> match next release ;-)

But they do. What's your problem?

> I get an error however (non-critical) that comes up when I start the
> program...it complains that it can't find:
>
> /usr/share/mplayer/font/font.desc
>
> indeed, even the folder font does not exist!  Is this stuff in one of
> the font packages?  if so, it should also be part of the gui rpm..

Why? Both versions work without fonts, so why force anyone to install
them? And besides, many newbies who don't know how to install several
RPMs at once had problems installing these RPMs.

Anyway, everything is explained on my webpage. If you didn't read it
- that's your problem. If you can't understand it - tell me which part
is too hard to understand.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/