[MPlayer-users] some mistakes in GUI translation

Matthias Raus matthias-raus_lindows at web.de
Mon Jan 20 15:42:43 CET 2003

Hi,

I am a German MPlayer user and use the option "--enable-gui
--language=de" when I make MPlayer. I noticed some smaller mistakes in
the GUI translation:

- "Aspect Ratio" could be translated by "Seitenverhälnis"
- When choosing the settings menu, a warning pops up: "Bitte bedenke,
mache Funktionen erfordern einen Neustart der Wiedergabe". We could
instead write: "Bitte bedenke, dass manche Funktionen einen Neustart der
Wiedergabe erfordern."
 In the settings menu, there is the option that Mplayer should start in
fullscreen. In correct German, we could say "Starten mit Vollbild"
- When doing a right click on Mplayer and selecting "Spiele", there are
several options, among them is the option "Verheriger Stream". This must
be "Vorheriger Stream"
- As long as no video is selected, the phrase "nichts ge ffnet" scrolls
through the MPlayer window. The "ö" is missing here, it must be "nicht
geöffnet".

I would be glad if these mistakes could be corrected,

Matthias