[MPlayer-users] DVD question

Michal Seliga michal.seliga at visicom.sk
Tue Jan 21 09:01:28 CET 2003

Greetings

Yetsreday I bought new DVD drive and one DVD film too (LOTR1 4DVD)
But there is small problem

I can play all 4 titles from DVD1 using mplayer -dvd 1 (2,3,4) - no problem

but when I want to play whole disc whit mplayer /dev/dvd it shows menu,
some stuff as advertisements and then there is noise on screen and in
console I have message thatI try to play encrypted vob and I don't have\
compiled libcss support

But what I read in docs, css is part of mpdvdkit2, isn't it?

should I have some more libraries? because I think that without css I won't be
able to see anything at all... not only one special stream (and even title stream...)

in docs thre is written that for dvd there is support for dvdnav, libdvdread and
libdvdcss but first one 'could even compile' and last two are included in
mpdvdkit2... is there anything I misunderstood?

please send me some hints (I don't send bugreport because I used mplayer 090rc2,
I am downloading rc3 today)

thanks in advance

Miso