[MPlayer-users] 0.90rc3 and full screen issues

Filip Kalinski filon at pld.org.pl
Tue Jan 21 11:12:11 CET 2003

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 10:59:33PM -0800, Florin Andrei wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 13:17, Filip Kalinski wrote:
> >
> > Can you send more info (what version, from which distro) ?
>
> I already said that: i'm using Red Hat 8.0

Sorry, i was too lazy to check it :-)

> [florin at rivendell florin]$ rpm -qa | grep metacity
> metacity-2.4.0.92-5
> [florin at rivendell florin]$
>
> > Is it a behavior of console or gui player? (the gui one doesn't
> > currently work fine)
>
> GUI (gmplayer)
>
> I use the console player very rarely.

I have the same:
$ rpm -qv metacity
metacity-2.4.0.92-5

And it works fine with console mplayer.
Gui player was usable some time ago, but now it is just unusable :-(

For me it works simmiliary that you said, but it have some more bugs :-)

When started it opens one window (with skin-provided background) and
menu works, but later, when the file to play is choosen and I want to
play it, gmplayer opens another window for playing video, and menu stops
working and changing fullscreen mode makes the first (empty) window
fullscreen and it doesn't un-fullscreen when pressed 'f' for another
time (just as you said).

But fullscreen itself works. Try to press 'f' before playing movie, the empty
video window fullscreen mode change (and back) succeeds. And mplayer doesn't
hang, it plays the movie, but is is covered by black window and doesn't repond
to keyboard input.

The bug is IMHO a fault of last changes for passing video window id to some
functions in x11_common.c (earlier a global variable was used).

--
Filip Kalinski <filon at pld.org.pl>