[MPlayer-users] Any plans to support Nvidia tv-out (nvtv) ?

christopher j bottaro cjb at cs.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 22 02:35:39 CET 2003

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 07:14 pm, Hakon G wrote:
>The manual says, about getting tv-out for nvidia cards:
>
> First, you MUST download the closed-source drivers from nvidia.com

> That's a shame, I won't use that. But is there any chance that mplayer will
>soon support the nvtv application (nv-tv-out @ sourceforge.net) as xine
>does?
> I think that would be nice. With that, you will be able to switch on/off
>tv-out any time without having to restart the X server. And you don't need
>no closed-source drivers. Has anyone considered such an implementation?
> I'm just asking, I wouldn't be able to help, because I'm not very good at
>coding.

> Cheers, Hakon

whoa, why get an nvidia card then?  the close source drivers work
wonderfully...at least for opengl stuff...=)  i mean, quake3 is unplayable
with the vesa drivers with a geforce4...=/  also, with the newest versions of
em, its pretty easy to set my tv as a seperate x screen.  so watching my
divx's is a simple matter of invoking mplayer with -display :0.1.  my friends
can watch em, while i work on my computer...its great...=)  well, the color
is slightly off...

-- christopher