[MPlayer-users] Any plans to support Nvidia tv-out (nvtv) ?

Hakon G hakon_ at everyday.com
Wed Jan 22 02:14:41 CET 2003

The manual says, about getting tv-out for nvidia cards:

  First, you MUST download the closed-source drivers from nvidia.com

That's a shame, I won't use that. But is there any chance that mplayer will soon support the nvtv application (nv-tv-out @ sourceforge.net) as xine does?
I think that would be nice. With that, you will be able to switch on/off tv-out any time without having to restart the X server. And you don't need no closed-source drivers. Has anyone considered such an implementation?
I'm just asking, I wouldn't be able to help, because I'm not very good at coding.

Cheers, Hakon