[MPlayer-users] Subtitle with -vo xv

Sipos Tibor TiborS at moravia-it.com
Wed Jan 22 11:45:27 CET 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to place subtitles below the film, on the black border with -vo
xv. It can be done by -vop expand option, but here I have only two choices:
I give -1 for w:h values, and than nothing changes, the film will have the
same size, subtiles on the film, or I manually see the height of the film,
exit MPlayer, adding this value to -vop expand -1:xxx:-1:-1:1, and voila! it
works.

Is there any option to automatically set these values? For example, movie's
width must be original, so height should be calculated so new, expanded
height should be the X resolution's height value.

Regards,

Sipi