[MPlayer-users] Playing DVD with hwac3: very low framerate

Marc Packenius marc at freenet-rz.de
Wed Jan 22 22:28:37 CET 2003

Ketil Z Malde <ketil at ii.uib.no> schreibt:

>> btw there is a workaround: -autosync 100

> ...doing this didnt't make any noticeable difference.

Right. I bet Arpi didn't realize how bad the delay ist. I do, because
I've seen it myself. :)

> This is with rc2, latest sourceforge OSS drivers.  I get the same
> noise as with xine at the start of the ac3 stream, by the way.

That noise is probably caused because your amplifier receives a little
bit of data in 'stereo PCM' mode before it recognizes that the soundcard
has switched to 'talking 5.1'.

> Anything I can try?

Wait another year or two for drivers and multimedia applications to
stabilize - or try the ALSA drivers, use a pre-rc3-MPlayer (or wait
until the current issues with hwac3 have been fixed). I've explained why
and how I'm using a combination of OSS and ALSA recently, check the list
archives.

Just my 2 Eurocent,
--
Marc Packenius @ 4P | Zentrale Seitenauslieferung, Düsseldorf

Wer im Schlachthaus sitzt, sollte nicht mit Schweinen werfen.