[MPlayer-users] how to extract audio and subtitles w/o video

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Thu Jan 23 23:42:13 CET 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:

> >subs from dvd -> vobsub-file:
> >
> >       -dumpsub (MPLAYER only) (BETA CODE)
> >              Dumps the subtitle substream from VOB streams.  See
> >-dump*sub and -vobsubout*  options
> >              too.
>

> -dumpsub is useless and is just for testing; -vobsubout is what he
> wants. Also, if you don't want to do any audio/video encoding, just
> use -oac copy -ovc copy -o /dev/null and you'll just get the subtitles
> out.

mencoder -dvd 1 -dvd-device /video/lotr/LOTR_SEE_D1/ -alang en -sid 0
-oac copy -ovc copy -o /dev/null -vobsubout subtitles

works well. However it extracts subtitles only. I don't want video but
.wav stereo pcm sound. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't have it
together with subtitles extraction, right?

bye & thank you
as