[MPlayer-users] Fonts .. OSD Fine/Subtitles garbled

Patrick Debois Patrick.Debois at sos.be
Fri Jan 24 09:51:26 CET 2003

Hi,

i've downloaded the fonts font-arial-iso-8859-1.tar
unzipped them in my mplayer/share/fonts as described in the manual

OSD works fine and gives nice antialiased fonts.

But subtitles are NOT antialiased it seems.

I've compiled it with freetype, and instead of the prepared fonts, i've
also used the TTF fonts subfont.ttf. Tried both ~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf
or the general place.

It doesn't change a bit...

Please help,

as i have a lot of files to rip this weekend ;-)