[MPlayer-users] via c3 performances

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Sat Jan 25 08:37:06 CET 2003

How does a via c3 performs decoding mpeg 2/4? We would need a cpu
powerful enough to decode a couple of mpeg(2,4) streams at the same
time. C3s are cool because they shouldn't need an active cooling system.

I've made a couple of tests on a via 800MHz; I think I have problems
with the integrated video board because XFree needs about 30% cpu (with
-vo xv) but still the output is not smooth. How can I test the pure
decoding perfomances? using -vo null the cpu usage is way too low (2-4%)
so I think the actual video decoding is NOT performed.

thank you
bye
as