[MPlayer-users] Option -vobsuboutid not working

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Jan 27 19:00:11 CET 2003

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 03:45:41PM +0100, Joan Tur wrote:

> Hallo!
>
> I'm trying to create an avi (divx4) from some .vob files, and it's one of the
> examples given in the man page, but adding "-vobsuboutid es" to select
> spanish language is not working when comming from stdin: language 0 is used
> instead -it doesn't use to be spanish-.

You misunderstand. -vobsuboutid is for setting the language label in
the output file. You still have to pick which subtitle stream you want
to use with -slang or -sid.

> This is the command line I'm running:
> cat *.vob | mencoder - -ovc divx4 -oac mp3lame -vobsuboutid es

Can we remove the cat *.vob ... examples from the DOCS? This is a
really bad way to encode from DVD's, but lots of people keep doing it
because the docs say so... :(

BTW, divx4 is low quality, use lavc instead!

Rich