[MPlayer-users] subtitle dump

Mihai RUSU dizzy at roedu.net
Tue Jan 28 11:16:31 CET 2003

Hi

I have some movies AVI encoded and with VOB subtitles. They have their
.idx and .sub files. mplayer seems to recognize that automagically and I
can see the subtitles very nice while watching. But I want to dump them in
a MicroDVD format. I have tried this:
mplayer gigi.avi -dumpsub -dumpmicrodvdsub

But it doesnt do a thing. Then I have tried:

mplayer gigi.avi -dumpsub

And it seems it reads from the disk for some while and then shows an
error like:

ds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: video)
Core dumped ;)
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x85e2000
vo: x11 uninit called but X11 not inited..

Then I get a file stream.dump with length 0.

I have noticed a warning, could that be the cause ? (still, why then it
shows very well on the screen while watching) :

vobsub: ignoring scale: 100%, 100%
vobsub: ignoring alpha: 100%
vobsub: ignoring smooth: OFF
vobsub: ignoring fadein/out: 50, 50
vobsub: ignoring align: OFF at LEFT TOP
vobsub: ignoring time offset: 0
vobsub: ignoring forced subs: OFF
[vobsub] subtitle (vobsubid): 0 language en
forward=1h=0,m=0,s=2,ms=40No matching VOBSUB languge found!

Thanks

Mihai RUSU

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of any company,
unless otherwise specifically stated.