[MPlayer-users] AC3 + sblive

Ketil Z. Malde ketil at ii.uib.no
Tue Jan 28 15:01:42 CET 2003

Maximo Ramos <maximo at violadores.org> writes:

> hhmm, is there any howto-alike about getting the best of your SB Live!?

Not sure.  If it's any help, I basically:

1. downloaded the emu10k1 drivers and tools from sourceforge
2. make install
3. edited /usr/local/etc/emu-config to include ac3 passthrough
4. added post-install emu-script for the emu10k1 module (see the docs)
5. edit .xine/config to set audio...ac3.passthrough:1, and use Xine
for ac3 material while waiting for the next snapshot of MPlayer

-kzm