[MPlayer-users] A/V out of sync with new VIA chipset KT400 + 8235

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Jan 29 10:43:41 CET 2003

Per Mellander wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>As my former mobo is dead I bought a new one, a MK QDI KuDoz 7X-6A with a
>Athlon 2400+ and 256MB RAM. The chipset is rather new KT400 + 8235 and I had
>some trouble to get a working kernel and finally I've got it up and running
>with latest 2.4.21-pre3.
>
>The problem I have is that I notice an A/V sync delay on numerous of my
>movies. ( Audio is delayed. ) The movies I've tried worked flawlessly with my
>old mobo.
>
>I know this might not be the right area for this question but is it anyone
>more than me that is running this mobo/chipset with similar problems?
>
>I'm running with MPlayer CVS-021202-19:41-2.96, will try latest CVS snapshot
>later today.
>
>/Mel

I'm running a Gigabyte G7VAXP-Ultra, which has the same (KT400) chipset,
with 2.4.20-pre10-ac1. I've never had any problems with unusual a-v
sync. I use alsa drivers for my sblive card.

Please read DOCS/bugreports.html, and send a full report. That is, AFTER
you try CVS. :-)
In particular, we need to know what type of videos you're playing (DVD,
DivX, etc.) and details about your
sound hardware and software.

-Corey