[MPlayer-users] mplayer -xxx help

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 29 13:27:06 CET 2003

Hi,

> > It's already hard enough to keep the man page up-to-date.
>
> Okay.  I can definitely sympathise with this.

We should use/develop something similar to mc's help.
They're generating context-sensitive help screens from the manpage somehow.

Maybe we could add tricky comments/own macros to the manpage for each
-xxx help sections, and use a compile-time script to extract that paragraph
formatted and compile into the code. It's a big work, but it solves the
problem for all langauages, and still one file to update/translate.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino