[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer: ISMA Compliance?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Jan 29 22:46:40 CET 2003

> > Pls someone tell me whether MPlayer is ISMA ver 1.0 compatible?. From
> which
> > servers I can stream the MPEG-4 Video/Audio with MPlayer?.

MPlayer should be ISMA-compliant once I've upgraded the "LIVE.COM Streaming
Media" to fully support the RTP payload formats for MPEG-4 audio and
video.  This is on my near-term "to do" list, but, as always, features
requested by paying consulting clients take priority...

Note, BTW, that MPlayer *can* now play 3GPP-compliant MPEG-4 AAC audio
streams (as well as RTSP/RTP streams that use several other media types_ -
see <http://www.live.com/mplayer/> for details.

         Ross Finlayson
         LIVE.COM
         <http://www.live.com/>