[MPlayer-users] Re: where is the extra information file created for

Rainer Koehler koehler at mpia-hd.mpg.de
Tue Jul 1 12:50:26 CEST 2003

>     Sorry for being so naive on giving information. I am using following =
> script to do the job of encoding for me

[sophisticated script snipped]

My mailer had big problems with the encoding of your script, so I
didn't decipher it in detail.  But I noticed two things: you don't use
the string "lavcopts" anywhere (which happens to be the place where
pass=1/2 are set, and you define a variable vcodec with the options
for encoding, but you don't use it.

Anyway, here is a little code snippet of one of the scripts I use for
2-pass encoding (in fact, 3-pass encoding, hence the -oac copy):

foreach p ( 1 2 )
  mencoder $in -o $out -vop scale=368:208,crop=352:180:0:30 -ovc lavc -lavcopts mpeg_quant:aspect=16/9:vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=${vbitrate}:vhq:v4mv:vlelim=-4:vcelim=9:lumi_mask=0.05:dark_mask=0.01:vpass=$p -oac copy
  ls -l $out
end

Hope this helps,
Rainer