[MPlayer-users] Re: Some information needed from the experts ofmencoder

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Tue Jul 1 16:54:09 CEST 2003

Alban Bedel wrote:
> That's what it's supposed to be. But mplayer and mencoder have so many
> options, try 'mplayer -list-options'. In my case it report 386 options
> (it include all -no*, deprecated options, etc). So whatever we do it
> will always be big document.
> 	Albeu

Sadly, "-list-options" isn't in the manpage, though I'm glad that I now
know of its existence. Even more ironically, it isn't in its own output.

A manpage that was only a list of options would be about half the size
of the current one. However, it might be less useful, since one would
have to consult the HTML documentation more often. It would definitely
be nice if mplayer and mencoder had separate manpages. I'm not
complaining, but just thinking out loud.

Jonathan Rogers