[MPlayer-users] Rotating live video through 90 degrees

Peter Whittaker peterw at martellomedia.com
Thu Jul 3 12:11:18 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've been trying to find something that will do this for a while now. I've
been playing with the win32 beta of Mplayer and its very impressive. I can
rotate movie files through 90 degrees no problem, but I haven't figured out
how to take a live video stream in yet and try and rotate it. I suspect you
can't do it with mplayer under windows yet (yes? no?), but if someone could
tell me whether its even possible at all with the linux version it would
help.

So, can mplayer in linux rotate a live video stream (say, PAL or NTSC TV
input) through 90 degrees, without dropping frames and full size?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Peter