[MPlayer-users] Rotating live video through 90 degrees

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu Jul 3 14:31:14 CEST 2003

On Thursday 03 July 2003 14:01, Peter Whittaker wrote:
> Even though I'm working in Windows, I'm interested to see if what I want to
> do is actually possible in any OS with today's video cards. Mplayer rotates

Even if you'd get accelerated output through the XVideo extension, I think
MPlayer will have to push all data from the tv card trough the rotate filters
into that output module.

Read: I think it will work, but it will make an efficiency difference compared
to purely-displaying TV programs which use hardware overlay features.

--
Ciao, /  /
     /--/