[MPlayer-users] mp hangs when receiving high bitrate

Michał Lesiak bler at earthplanet.org
Tue Jul 8 01:54:09 CEST 2003

hello,

I'm using ffmpeg+ffserver to cerate a mpeg4 stream with CBR. The problem
is that ffmpeg can't keep the bitrate constant when it is feed with A
Really Hard image. It ends with mplayer (0.90 release) beeing feed with
a stream of about 700-1000kbps - it then hangs. By hanging I mean
besides a still image at the output, mplayer not responding for q key
pressed or anything else - only killall mplayer works.
Is it a known problem with it or should I rather look for the solution
in system's i/o performance?
I've figured that it's not a:
- codec problem (I've tried swithing to msmpeg4v1, v2 and v3)
- audio problem (disabling audio on ffserver and -ao null)
- display problem (-vo null).

Is it possible that mplayer simply isn't albe to handle such streams at
all? There's no problem with files at that bitrate being played locally.

TIA

--
Michal Lesiak