[MPlayer-users] Can't Compile MPlayer on Redhat 9.0

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Wed Jul 9 22:52:27 CEST 2003

On Wednesday, 09 July 2003, André Fettouhi wrote:

> I'm trying to install MPlayer-0.90 from the source, i.e. compiling and
> etc. But it fails everytime and I don't know why. The "./configure" command
> goes through without a problem, but "make" fails. Here are the last few
> lines from "make"
[...]
> ve_divx4.c:276: structure has no member named `quantizer'
> ve_divx4.c:279: structure has no member named `is_key_frame'
> make[1]: *** [ve_divx4.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/MPlayer-0.90/libmpcodecs'
> make: *** [libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a] Error 2
>
> does anyone know what could be wrong. Has anyone been able to compile
> MPlayer-0.90 on a RH 9.0 box.

Known problem. Latest DivX4Linux has changed API and broke MPlayer support
for it. Best to throw it away. But, if you insist on using it, either
downgrade to some earlier version or use latest CVS snapshot of MPlayer
(and I mean the "main" tree).

> Since I couldn't install it from the source I got the rpms from
> www.rpmseek.com and that worked. But I have small problem with the watching
> real files I get a picture but some error message saying couldn't open
> drv2.so.6.0 and other times it works. I don't why it has the problem
> sometimes because all codecs for real are in the Realplayer8 (i.e.
> /usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/) directory as they should. A second problem is
> that the plugin for mplayer can't play any real files it just says "movie

If you're using the official RPMs (made by me), it's best to download the
accompanying codec packages, too, as they're set up to work together with
MPlayer.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/