[MPlayer-users] v4l mplayer and tv mode a/v sync delay

David Feil-Seifer df001i at mail.rochester.edu
Tue Jul 15 06:41:19 CEST 2003

I've been using mplayer for over a year now, and am very satisfied with
almost every aspect of its function save one.  When I use the tv option
with my nvidia card, there is a lot of delay with the video.  The
command line I use is this:

mplayer -quiet -tv
on:noaudio:driver=v4l:device=/dev/video0:input=0:norm=NTSC:width=320:height=240:outfmt=yuy2:fps=30000/1001

This delay does not show up with xawtv, or with zapper (the gnome tv
application), although I far and away like the functionality of mplayer
more and would love to see this problem solved.

Thank you,
--
David Feil-Seifer <df001i at mail.rochester.edu>
University of Rochester