[MPlayer-users] Problem of mplayer playing process

u9006101 at ttu.edu.tw u9006101 at ttu.edu.tw
Tue Jul 15 11:00:21 CEST 2003

Hey everyone out there, I need your comment or information.

Now I'm tracing mplayer to find out how does it play audio file.
I begin from the mplayer.c and go to servel file in ~/libmpcodecs or ~/libmpdemux.
If I am right, in the mplayer.c "main" func, it call "open_stream" func to
tell the it is audio or video , and call "~/libmpdemux/demuxer.c demux_open"
to identify file_format.And it call "~/libmpcodecs/dec_audio.c
init_best_audio_code   init_audio" to init the codec.

My final goal to make mplayer can play the 'AAC' file. I know mplayer can use
libfaad to decodec the audio part in 'MOV' file. But for now, the mplayer
still can't play the AAC file.I had tried xmms or use xmms InputPlug in
mplayer, and it could work. But I don't want to use that way.

Ok, here is the point. Could any one explain how mplayer play the audio file?
I mean the process from get input file to call decodec. I think MP3 may be a
good example.It's audio file too and use mp3lib to decode. Or, could any one
show me some DOCS about the mplayer(like xine)?

Thanks for your help.