[MPlayer-users] [OT] Links for AVI/MPEG-PS format

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu Jul 17 15:09:12 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 18:56, Cecil Watson wrote:
> >I am wondering for the exact specs of AVI and MPEG-PS format. Does
> >anyone have a good pointer for that?
/me is looking for such stuff, too!

> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/formats.txt
Thanks, that's a useful starting point, however what I am looking for is
_everything_ I (would?) need to write my own MPEG1/2/4 codecs. I could not
even answer many basic questions with stuff I found on http://www.mpeg.org/
and related sites. :-(

For example I thought many features were MPEG4-specific, but in the end most
of them seem to be existent in MPEG2 already (B frames, ...).

I tried to find similar stuff to formats.txt with links in
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ffmpeg/ffmpeg/ but failed.

--
Ciao, /  /
     /--/