[MPlayer-users] Re: one frame forward/backward

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Wed Jul 16 19:53:58 CEST 2003

Alex Dunaevsky wrote:
 :: AFAIK you will be able to seek to next/previous keyframe. Keyframes
 :: are set while encoding. So you can reencode the file with some codec
 :: that allows setting keyframe interval (e.g. libavcodec) and be as
 :: precise as you wish.
 ::
 :: --
 :: Best regards,
 :: Alex Dunaevsky  <alexcrow at ua.fm>

Are such keyframes set when encoding uncompressed
video?  I use mplayer for my research.  I encode
.avi files from sequences of .png source material.
I would very much like to get mplayer to single
step on frames but, so far, have failed to be able
to do it.  Even when I set fps to 1, rapidly
hitting the space bar twice moves me ahead 3 or
more frames.

Is there any way to get single step action via the
encoding process?

                        Dean S. Messing
                        Display Algorithms & Visual Optimization Lab
                        Information Systems Technologies Dept.
                        Sharp Laboratories of America
                E-Mail: deanm at sharplabs.com