[MPlayer-users] Setting the moment of interuption

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Jul 20 09:59:52 CEST 2003

Matthew W. Miller wrote:
> Good question.  The only way I personally know of to make mplayer (not
> mencoder) run for a given time is the '-frames' option (see manpage).
Actually, using -edl you can tell it exactly which parts of a file you
want it to skip.  As always, read the man page/docs.

> Here's a request for mplayer-G2: make '-endpos' usable by the player
> (not just the encoder!), since it seems to be more flexible.

Before that, I'd suggest the opposite...  Make '-edl' work with
mencoder, that would provide a good, simple, editing solution (maybe
with the help of a small, simple, frontend.)

Yeah, I know...  -dumpstream, but that's not really optimal, just as
using mencoder with -endpos to re-encode a video, just so you can stop
it at a given position, isn't optimal.