[MPlayer-users] Newbie can't even watch a damn dvd

Götz Waschk waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Thu Jul 24 15:55:08 CEST 2003

Am Donnerstag, 24. Juli 2003, 14:30:34 Uhr MET, schrieb xi:
> Daniel Kenzelmann wrote:
> >AFAIK you don't need dvdCSS to watch encrypted DVDs with mplayer.
> >Better try to compile from source.
> Yes, I know, but what I meant is that Mandrake may have removed this
> code from mplayer for legal issue.

I can confirm this as the creator of that Mandrake package. The binary
was linked against libdvdread, so installing libdvdcss2 will immediately
fix this. The other alternatives, upgrading to the plf version of that
package or compiling it yourself, have already been mentioned.
--
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of