[MPlayer-users] Video editor advice?

Alan Murrell alanm at vcn.bc.ca
Sun Jul 27 03:35:07 CEST 2003

Hello,

I have a few video files I have encoded via MPlayer using '-oac copy' and
'-ovc rawgrb', which outputs excellently to a 700MB Divx file.  However,
before converting to DIvx, I would like to cut out a few unneeded portions
(commercials), which I would like to do via a video editor.

I have tried 'cinelerra' and 'avidemux', but it appear the A/V streams are too
big for these to handle (or perhaps my hardware isn't enough?  Athlon 1300,
512MB RAM)

Is there another editor I can use that will allow me to open the rawrgb
stream, indicate where I want the commercials cut out, then encode to DivX?
Or perhaps there is another way I a can do this?

TIA for your help.

Alan Murrell <alanm at vcn.bc.ca>