[MPlayer-users] Converting High res. Mpeg to Low res. Mpeg for dvd.

chris john chrisj314 at free-thoughts.net
Tue Jul 29 02:13:28 CEST 2003

Hi I record tv shows on my computer. And like to burn them to dvd's but
the problem is DVD-Rs are costing me a fortune. So how can i convert the
Hi-Resolution dvd format files to Low resolution files. I ussually use
TMPenc to set up the dvd on windows. But i was wondering if i could use
mencoder to convert the files. I can't find a windows product to do this
easily. So i was just wondering if someone on the list could send me the
command line options for mencoder that would convert the movies. I haven't
been able to find this is the literature about mencoder. Most of the dvd
stuff is related to ripping and i want to do the oppisite. When i try and
convert the video the way i know how i get an error message in TMPEGenc
saying "a video sequence header is necessary for every GOP in a standard
DVD". So i just need some help here figureing out how to fix this. Most
programs will convert say an avi to an low-resolution DVD format, but not
a hi-res DVD to a low-resolution format. Any help is appreciated. and
Thanks.

chris.