[MPlayer-users] [BUG] problem detecting an mpeg file

armin.gerritsen at philips.com armin.gerritsen at philips.com
Thu Jun 12 10:08:05 CEST 2003

That makes sence since the Windows Media Player has no standard support for MPEG4.
Note that true MPEG4 is different from the various MPEG4-like contents (like XviD, DivX,  some Windows Media types and also some Quicktime types if I'm not mistaken) which usually only use MPEG4-compression but don't use other parts of the standard (and for instance wrap the frames in AVI-frames).

There are also not (yet) many players/encoders which play/encode true MPEG4.

True MPEG4 can for instance be played by Quicktime or the free Philips player:

www.mpeg-4.philips.com

and choose 'downloads' in the following website.

Regards,

Armin