[MPlayer-users] Re: [BUG] problem detecting an mpeg file

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Thu Jun 12 12:01:10 CEST 2003

armin.gerritsen at philips.com wrote:
> However if the question is - as you think - why MPlayer cannot play MPEG4 -
> even though it should - I would advise the original question-poster to post
> the full output of the player and tell how he installed/compiled. This would
> enable us to check if he's realy using MPEG4 or something else like DivX,
> and whether the right codecs were installed/compiled in.

What I meant to say was that it sounds like someone stumbled on this
list, thinking it had to do with Windows Media Player (mplayer2.exe,
like you said). This has certainly happened before. But, as you say, we
really don't have enough information. Unless the original poster gives
more, this is a moot point.

Jonathan Rogers