[MPlayer-users] Re: Playing xcd image files

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Thu Jun 19 05:32:59 CEST 2003

johan wrote:
> The a.b.monter-movies group likes to encode xvid into ogg containers
> and combine the resuting mess into an xcd image. They suggest mplayer
> as the linux tool-of-choice to play these.
>
> I've searched the list archives, and have seen some advice on how to
> play the burned disks afterwards, but is there any way to play the
> image w/o burning it?
>
> I can successfully play the short samples that are posted along with
> the image (presumably same codec/container, no XCD header), and I can
> also play more conventional (S)VCD images directly, but this
> particular combination stumps me.

I've also been interested in putting OGM's on CD-R's in Mode 2 to get
more space, but I've had a hard time finding howto information or tools.
I have found mode2cdmaker, but I have trouble playing the first movie in
the images it creates with mplayer's cue:// URI. If I place a filler
file in the first position, things seem to work. Also, cdrdao doesn't
seem to like the TOC files mode2cdmaker makes, so I haven't figured out
how to burn such an image.

Which archives are you referring to? Do you mean this list or
monter-movies? I read their FAQ, but I haven't found a way to connect to
the newsgroup itself yet. Have you had success making such images using
*nix tools? If so, could you point me in the right direction?

mode2cdmaker: <URL:http://webs.ono.com/usr016/de_xt/>

Jonathan Rogers