[MPlayer-users] Re: Deinterlace & Muxing

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Mon Jun 30 12:01:22 CEST 2003

Net Dragon wrote:
> ALso chaning the bitrate does not seem to change things at all. Odd thing
> about vhq though is that it takes about 40 percent off the speed of the
> encoding, even though the picture quality is the same. I think it will
> look WAY better if I can deinterlace it. I am sure all that combing is not
> helping the bitrate at all.

If the original source is actually interlaced, use "-vop pp=lb" or one
of the other deinterlacers. If the original source is film and the
recording you have is NTSC interlaced MPEG-2 at 29.97 fps, it has most
likely been telecined. Try using "-vop detc=dr=1" to reverse the
telecine process and produce 23.976 fps uninterlaced video. In that
case, you probably need to specify "-ofps 23.976" as well. Read about
those options in the manpage.

Jonathan Rogers