[MPlayer-users] dvdnav

Jonas Jermann jjermann at gmx.net
Sun Mar 2 16:36:45 CET 2003

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 11:37:03AM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 09:55:06PM -0500, Dennis D Courtney wrote:
> > I guess I'll just have to use Xine to watch dvds then.  Oh well.
>
> Why do so many people insist on wading through annoying toy menus,
> previews, fbi wanrings, and other junk trying to get to the actual
> movie?? *sigh* Just use mplayer -dvd <titleno> and you can jump
> straight into the movie, which is presumably what you bought the dvd
> for...

Over 90% of my DVDs have very strange title settings. As you probably
know anime DVDs often split then main movie over multiple titles
(sessions). Sometimes it's really strange: title id 4,7,13,14 for the
main movie etc... Some DVDs contain over 30 titles, and title 1
is not the main movie (17 ;). In such cases it's just easier to
use a menu IMO. But I just use ogle then, as dvdnav in mplayer is
just not useable and maybe not usefull neither...

Regards
    Jonas