[MPlayer-users] Re:MPlayer won't compile on LindowsOS for lack of GTK

Michael Katsevman mikekatsevman at attbi.com
Fri Mar 7 05:31:11 CET 2003

Well, I checked more into it, and it seems it all stems from one simple
problem:
I'm missing the xlibs-dev package. However, LindowsOS has their own
version of the xlibs package, so the dependencies of xlibs-dev aren't
met! I have found they give you their version of xlibs-dev on
Click-n-Run (a proprietry service where you get on-demand software).
Click-n-Run was not included with the OS, and I don't really feel like
shelling out $99 for the account. So I'm kinda stuck. I definetely know
other GTK programs work (For example, I have this simple billiards game
called gtkBilliards and it works just fine) and xmms also reportedly is
gtk based. Nevertheless, the MPlayer ./configure still refuses to
recognize GTK's existence...

Any help, again, would be greatly appreciated...
--Mike.
"In a world without walls and fences, who need windows and gates?"