[MPlayer-users] Re: disappearing subtitles at dvd chapter intervals

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Wed Mar 12 23:36:11 CET 2003

> Robert Henney wrote:
>
> > 	This bug is visible using the latest cvs build; MPlayer-20030306.
>
> Can you try Revision 1.39 of spudec.c?
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/main/spudec.c?rev=1.39&content-type=text/plain
> I don't think my patch should cause this, but it would be nice to make
> sure. :-)

that spudec.c didn't want to compile into the current cvs snapshots for
some reason, but it compiled fine into 0.90rc4, so I tested it with that.
No change, unfortunately.

> Also I'll try and check if I can reproduce this with the Region2 version
> of Mononoke...
> Hmm, I did not see anything unusual. Note that after a seek it is normal
> for some subtitles to be missing for a second or so because they are encoded
> in the stream in advance. However at chapter boundaries nothing special
> should be happening.

Yep, it's during normal play, and not right after seeking.  Subtitles will
be appearing normally right up to the point where the chapter boundary is,
and the one subtitle that would appear then does not.  I still haven't
determinted if the non-appearing subtitle is encoded into the stream of
the earlier or later chapter.

If there's any output that you want me to generate that may assist, I will
certainly do so.

--
robh