[MPlayer-users] libmpeg2 + xvideo = bad picture ?

Mohammed Sameer Uniball at gmx.net
Sun Mar 9 17:54:14 CET 2003

Hi all,
I'm having a problem with mplayer after upgrading xfree to 4.3 "using
the binary tarballs from xfree86.org" on debian woody + mplayer 0.9rc4

the video suffers from lines around the objects in the movie "i couldn't get a screen shot for it"
i think it's mainly a problem with libmpeg2

Here's what mplayer prints:
Opening video decoder: [mpegpes] MPEG 1/2 Video passthrough
VDec: vo config request - 352 x 288 (preferred csp: Mpeg PES)
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vop scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [libmpeg2] MPEG 1/2 Video decoder v2.0
libmpeg2: Using MMX for IDCT transform
libmpeg2: Using MMX for motion compensation
VDec: vo config request - 352 x 288 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [xv] 352x288 => 384x288 Planar YV12
Selected video codec: [mpeg12] vfm:libmpeg2 (MPEG 1 or 2 (libmpeg2))

i tried recompiling mplayer against xfree 4.3 but no use

there is also a same situation here:
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffdivx] vfm:ffmpeg (FFmpeg DivX ;-) (MS MPEG-4
v3))

I'm having these problems with aviplay,
Can anyone point me to the right direction please ? i didn't find anything in the docs.
plz don't tell me to go back to xfree that come with debian, cause i don't have xv there ;)
"sis 5597"

Best regards,

--
-- Katoob Main Developer