[MPlayer-users] problems with FAAD

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Mar 11 08:28:10 CET 2003

Hi,

> The FAAD is working, and can decode other mp4 files containing AAC track.
> And I use the QT Pro to export MOV to MP4, by choosing "Pass through",
> then the new test.mp4 can be played by mplayer.

hmm. strange...
upload the file, i'll check

maybe the .mov does't have the extended stsd header for the audio track

into the .mp4 file?

> 2. I tried to use -dumpaudio and -dumpvideo to get the raw tracks of video

-dumpaudio doens't work for most .mov files
(in qt, the audio codec has to tell the demuxer the data rate, so without
decoding it cannot be demuxed)

> So the problem lies in the format of test.mov or the player?

probably both

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino