[MPlayer-users] Gluing it all

Hugo González M. hugonz at hugonz.net
Tue Mar 11 08:35:32 CET 2003

Hello,

I use a shell script and some tweaking to get the my box to start playing
clips as soon as it boots, and keep doing it until I turn it off. However, it
always displays the X background (which I set to black) between clips. I
don't have a problem with that, except that the cursor (X) centered on the
screen is really annoying.

Is there a way to either 1) remove the X cursor  so that I can play the movie
unobstructed using -rootwin  or 2) making mplayer use the same window for the
next clip, without letting the X root window show?

PS: and no,  the option to not redraw the window doesn't work for this (I
don't have it near at hand right now)

Thanks for any help

Hugo