[MPlayer-users] re:problems with FAAD

mylan.chen at philips.com mylan.chen at philips.com
Tue Mar 11 10:43:01 CET 2003

Thanks to Brett Kosinski 's answer to qtime movie without sound in this month.Searching in the archives is really time-consuming...But
anyway I find the solution to my problem, that is to :

mplayer -dumpaudio -dumpfile audio.aac test.mov
faad audio.aac

Then the audio.wav can be lately used, to playback or to be compressed.

BTW:One problem is the faad will only deal with mono audio compression.
And faac, the encoder provided by mpeg4ip, will deal with stereo wav
file:) so sox can be used to transcode mono to stereo.