[MPlayer-users] Re: disappearing subtitles at dvd chapter intervals

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Mon Mar 24 06:53:19 CET 2003

-- Start of PGP signed section.
> Robert Henney wrote:
>
> > Corrention.  What I've been referring to as 'chapters' do not appear to be
> > chapters, but something else entirely.  The /boundary/ that I had been assuming
> > was a chapter boundary was the counter on the mplayer status line; the value
> > represented by the 'V'.  At the point when that value resets to "0.0" during
> > playback, that is where a subtitle fails to display.
> >
> >  A:  20.1 V:  20.1 A-V:  0.001 ct: -0.212  2745/2741  44% 17% 21.1% 0 0 0%%
> >           ^^^^^^^^

sorry about the long delay in my reply.  I lost access for a few days to the
machine I was doing the mplayer builds on.

> Could you try if this patch prints any messages when subtitles go
> missing?

The patch applies fine, but the result is strange.  None of those new
messages print, as if "(pts100 < spu->now_pts)" were never becoming
true.  As a test, I inserted a "static unsigned int my_now_pts" and
replaced the occurances of "spu->now_pts" with "my_now_pts".  Then
the messages below appear when I jump forward or back, but still not
when I let it play across a pts segment.

	SPUheartbeat: Timewarp! Welcome in 0, traveler from 116366.
	Fear not, nothing is lost.

So something with the comparison between the last and current pts is
still not happening right.  I see what your patch is attempting to
do though.

> --
> Tobias								PGP: 0x9AC7E0BC
> This mail is made of 100% recycled bits