[MPlayer-users] DeCSS legal status

Roberto De Leo deleo at unica.it
Thu Mar 27 04:28:08 CET 2003

Hi,
I wonder if you have any idea about the current DeCSS legal status in
the US and in Europe.

I am distributing a MPlayer binary version with DVD support inside my
MoviX distros (movix.sf.net) and I am starting to believe that this may
not be legal everywhere and therefore I am a little worried about it,
but before getting rid of the DVD support [or probably only of the DeCSS
support, even though I am not really sure I know how to do that since
MPlayer dows not link libcss.so] I am trying to collect as many info as
possible.

Thanks,
  Roberto De Leo