[MPlayer-users] VBR sync problem

Michael Collard quadfour at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 30 16:01:30 CEST 2003

Finally I have found a fix but the question remains why. Enabling normal
users access to the RTC (Real Time Clock) fixes playback of these files
that supposedly had this audio-video sync problem. The command to enable
the RTC for users on kernels 2.4.19pre8 and later is:

echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq

Still I would like to know why playback without this on my rather
powerful machine results in a sync problem, considering it has been fine
for ages in the past.

I would just like the MPlayer developers to comment.

Thanks.

--
Michael Collard, Microsoft Certified Professional
http://members.iinet.net.au/~quadfour