[MPlayer-users] mplayer Athlon XP trouble

Marc-Tell Volkmann Marc-Tell.Volkmann at web.de
Thu May 1 23:05:45 CEST 2003

Hello,

since 6 Month I tell you, that the mplayer does not work on my machine.
Yesterday I have found the solution for that trouble.
The fault was the Bios of my mainboard.
I own a k7s5a lan mainboard ( elitegroup ) with 512MB DDR RAM an a Athlon
XP2200+ CPU.
I had compiled mplayer with mmx,sse,3dnow,... and without mmx,ss,3dnow,...
but the trouble was not gone.
With the official Bios mplayer doesn´t work on my board but after an update
with a inofficial bios update ( cheepobios 1.12 ) mplayer starts to work fine
:-)

I hope I can help somebody with this info if he have the same trouble!

greetings from Hamburg in Germany
Marc-Tell