[MPlayer-users] bpp expressed quality for mpeg4?

Fabio Papa f.papa at mcmspa.it
Fri May 2 13:19:02 CEST 2003

Hi list,
	looking in encoding-tips.txt, I came across a list of bpp sample values
with relatives expected results. I am talking about this:

< 0.10: don't do it. Please. I beg you!
< 0.15: It will look bad.
< 0.20: You will notice blocks, but it will look ok.
< 0.25: It will look really good.
> 0.25: It won't really improve visually.
> 0.30: Don't do that either - try a bigger resolution instead.

As you can see, there are two lines with the same bpp value, 0.25. What's the
correct values? I mean, is 0.25 really good or some lower value?
Thanks!

--
Fabio Papa
MCE S.r.l.