[MPlayer-users] bpp expressed quality for mpeg4?

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Fri May 2 13:40:16 CEST 2003

Hi.

> < 0.20: You will notice blocks, but it will look ok.
> < 0.25: It will look really good.
> > 0.25: It won't really improve visually.
> > 0.30: Don't do that either - try a bigger resolution instead.

Approximately from 0.20 on up it will look really good. It will still
look really good for values > 0.25, but you won't see such a big
difference between 0.20 and 0.25 as you can see between 0.15 and
0.20.

> correct values? I mean, is 0.25 really good or some lower value?

0.25 is defienitely really good.

Note that all these values depend on the source and cannot be
generalized.

In doubt simply make rips with different bpp and compare the results.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)