[MPlayer-users] bpp expressed quality for mpeg4?

Matthew W. Miller mwmiller at columbus.rr.com
Fri May 2 23:24:34 CEST 2003

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 01:19:02PM +0200, Fabio Papa wrote:
>looking in encoding-tips.txt, I came across a list of bpp sample values
>with relatives expected results. I am talking about this:
>< 0.25: It will look really good.
>> 0.25: It won't really improve visually.
>As you can see, there are two lines with the same bpp value, 0.25.
>What's the correct values?

That is, (by the author's recommendation) 0.25 bits/pixel will look
really good, but having more than 0.25 bits/pixel won't really bring
dramatic improvements.
	That said, of course, the best options are what looks good
enough to the viewer(s).
--
Matthew W. Miller <mwmiller at columbus.rr.com>
"Is there any other way to get rid of the spyware? I have linux and that