[MPlayer-users] bpp expressed quality for mpeg4?

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Sat May 3 06:05:32 CEST 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:
> Also, lavc is good enough to fit any sane-length movie (i.e. not LOTR
> ;) on a single CD with 640x??? video and have it look good (at least
> IMO).

Well, see, there's a perfect example of the subjectivity. In my
experience, I haven't been able to put a movie more than 1:30 or 1:45 on
a single CD at that frame size, so I'm probably pickier than you are. Of
course, I just started using lavc--I've mostly used Xvid. I don't know
yet if lavc is significantly better or what the ideal settings are.

Jonathan Rogers